Create Your Own Emergency Car Kit
Having an emergency kit in your car is smart. Even in mild weather, you can get stranded or stuck, and when a storm hits, your kit could be a life-saver.
Include all of these items in your emergency car kit:
- Duct tape
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Fire extinguisher (2.5-lb. A-B-C type)
- First Aid Kit and manual
- Small shovel
- Safety flare
- Light sticks
- Tools: wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, socket wrenches
- Fluorescent safety vest
- Brightly colored cloth or emergency sign- can be used to signal other motorists if youre in trouble.
- Matches in waterproof container
- Current map of your region