Deals We Love: Miter Saws
Whether you're a weekend woodworker or a professional contractor, you know the value of a quality miter saw.
Whether you’re a weekend woodworker or a professional contractor, you know the value of a quality miter saw. Any cuts — especially those that require precision — are made much easier with one of these saws in your workshop. And you’ll save time and materials by taking the guesswork out of your cuts.
This week on Deals We Love we’re highlighting two high-quality miter saws. Both have been discounted enough to make them really hard to pass up.
Image Credits:via amazon.com
DeWalt 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw
DeWalt has been making woodworking equipment since the 1920s, and its reputation for tough, high-quality tools is well known. It’s a massive player in the hand and power tools game, and while it has a handful of direct competitors, few surpass its legacy for quality.
This 15-amp, 4,000-RPM miter saw is no exception. It provides enough power to cut large blocks of wood and dense materials accurately and safely.
Some of the cutting features include:
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops;
- Miter detent override so you can make small adjustments to the desired setting;
- Cross cut capacity up to 2×8 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and a 2×6 dimensional lumber at 45 degrees;
- Bevels to the left up to 48 degrees and to the right up to three degrees, with positive stops at 0, 45 and 33.9 degrees for cutting crown molding laying flat;
- Four hardened steel bevel stops at 0, 33.9, 45 and 48 degrees.
Why We Love The Deal: Not surprisingly, 91 percent of consumers gave this product five stars on Amazon. The saw comes with a carbide blade, dust bag, blade wrench, vertical clamp and comfortable side handles in the base. Plus, as part of Amazon’s Summer Sale, you can get it at a 33 percent discount, which turns this $299 piece of equipment into a steal at $199.
Image Credits:via amazon.com
Genesis 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
Genesis is a relatively new name in the power tools game, having opened its doors in 2003. It manufactures reliable, high-performing tools that won’t break the bank and DIYers seem to love. This 10-inch miter saw is best for smaller projects as it lacks the max cutting capacity of the 12-inch saw. But at 15 amps and 4600 RPM, you won’t miss any of the power.
One of the best features of this saw is the laser cutting guide, which allows for quicker alignment and improved accuracy. Some of its other features include:
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left;
- Make precision miter cuts up to 45 degrees left and right;
- Nine positive detent miter stops at the most commonly used angles;
- Die cast aluminum base makes the saw lightweight and very portable.
Why We Love The Deal: Earning 4.2 stars on Amazon tells us most consumers liked it. That rating seems even better when you consider two-thirds of consumers gave it five stars. It comes with a 60T carbide blade, hold down clamp, dust bag, two extension wings, a blade wrench and two AAA batteries for the laser. Genesis is offering a roughly 20 percent discount, dropping the price from $162 to $131.