How to Clean Baseboards
Cleaning baseboards is easy. Well show you how to clean baseboards quickly and efficiently.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
Baseboards often get overlooked and only get noticed when theyre looking particularly dirty. Left without cleaning, baseboards can get pretty dusty and grimy, so you definitely want to include them in yourspring cleaning routine.Fortunately, cleaning baseboards is easy. Well show you how to clean baseboards quickly and efficiently.
Heres how to clean baseboards:
Tools Needed for Cleaning Baseboards
How to Clean Baseboards Easily:
- To begin, move all furniture away from the walls. This will make the baseboard cleaning process go much quicker.
- Dry dust all of your baseboards with the microfiber cloth and use a bath towel or a yoga mat, if you have one, to rest your knees on while cleaning. Using a dry microfiber cloth will pick up more dust, and keep your baseboards from becoming built-up with oily substances.
- Next, mix a few drops of dish soap and warm water together in a bucket. This is your cleaning solution.
- Dip a fresh microfiber cloth into the warm soapy water to begin deep cleaning your baseboards. Dont let the microfiber cloth get too wet as it couldruin your wood floors by trailing pools of water. Additionally, asoggy cloth wont cleanas effectively.
- Wipe down all of your baseboards with the damp microfiber cloth, and make sure to switch out the soapy water as it gets murky with dust and dirt.
- Make sure to clean all baseboard corners and edges using cotton swabs dipped in the warm soapy water.
- Wipe the baseboards dry with another clean microfiber cloth, or set up a fan to dry the baseboards for you.
- Once the baseboards are dry, move all of your furniture back into place.
How to Clean Baseboards Without Bending Over
The Swiffer Sweeper floor mop is a go-to cleaning tool for homeowners with hard floors, but did you know that its also perfect for dusting baseboards? Attach a dry cloth to the Swiffers rectangle end and swipe it along the baseboard to pick up dust, cobwebs, dirt, and more.
Additionally, the extension handle on the Swiffer makes reaching high surfaces like door trim simple and safeso you dont have to stand on a step stool or ladder.
Cleaning Baseboards on a Regular Basis
Once youve taken the time and effort to clean your baseboards thoroughly, keep them looking nice by cleaning them weekly or biweekly. Simply move furniture out of the way, wipe down your baseboards with the microfiber cloth, and then put everything back into place. You can also clean your baseboards with avacuum cleaner and the appropriately sized attachment.
Check out these 100 essential cleaning tips for your home.