DIY Laptop Base Repair
A simple way to fix an annoying problem of a rocky laptop.
While typing on my laptop keyboard, I noticed that it rocked slightly. I checked out the bottom and saw that one of the hard rubber feet was missing. Not one to spend a lot on computer repairs, I grabbed my caulk gun and a tube of black silicone and squeezed out a small amount at the missing foot location. Then I leveled the caulk with a toothpick and let it set overnight. The next day, the silicone was hard and worked perfectly. A couple months later, it’s still attached! — Charles Crocker
Ecobee Smart Thermostat
Lutron Serena Remote Controlled Shades
Sonos Wireless Speaker System
HAPIforkThe HAPIfork is an electric fork that helps you monitor and track your eating habits. It alerts you with the help of indicator lights and gentle vibrations when you're eating that grilled steak too fast. The information is then uploaded via USB or Bluetooth to your online dashboard on HAPILabs.com to track your progress.
Neato Botvac Vacuum
Faber Hood T-Light
Anova Sous Vide with Bluetooth
Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator
Surge Protection is Cheap Insurance
Power, Cubed: E-More Cube
Best Night-Light in History: SnapRays Guidelight
- Everyone needs it: If the sun goes down where you live, you need a few night-lights, right?
- Anyone can install it: It takes all of 60 seconds. Remove the single screw on the old cover plate, snap in the Guidelight and reinstall the screw. That's it.
- It's inexpensive to operate: The three tiny LEDs come on only when it's dark, thanks to the light sensor built into the cover.
- It's not an ugly plug-in. It looks exactly like an ordinary cover plate. The LEDs at the bottom light up the floor right where you need it.
- The price is reasonable and they cost even less per light if you buy a bunch.