The Family Handyman Garage Storage Tips Contest 2018 (#980)
Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is sponsored by Home Service Publications, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- How to Enter: Contest begins on 12:01 a.m. Central Time on February 9, 2018 and ends on 11:59 p.m. Central Time on March 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). To enter visit https://stage.familyhandyman.com/contests and follow the instructions to submit your garage storage tip. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number and email address. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Please fill in all requested information completely. Sponsor is the official time-keeper for the Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
Tips should not exceed 250 words.
All entries must be in English. Use of automated processes and devices to submit electronic entries are not permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes or effects caused to the entrant’s computer system as a result of submitting electronic entries. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Milwaukee Tool.
Submission must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each winner will be required to grant to Sponsor all right, title and interest in the submitted entry. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
- Judging: The winner of the Contest will be determined by judging all qualifying submissions based on the following criteria: originality 50%, ease of execution 25% and adherence to the contest theme 25%. All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the originality category will be the winner. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of The Family Handyman editors. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. One (1) winner will be selected.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a 52” Milwaukee Tool Mobile Work Station. The approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize is US$599. The prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
All taxes, if any, are the winner’s responsibility. Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and the prize provider will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded assuming a sufficient number of entries meeting the minimum judging criteria is received.
- Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected on or about April 1, 2018 and notified by regular mail and/or email within 14 days of selection. Winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Dakota County in the State of Minnesota and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated is 1,000.
- Winner List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to: The Family Handyman Garage Storage Tips Contest (#980) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to The Family Handyman Garage Storage Tips Contest (#980) Winner List, PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winner list request must be received within one year of the end of the Contest Period.