Set up shop with this workbench/assembly table, following this simple plan. This weekend workbench works well for a garage workshop at home.
Set up shop with this workbench/assembly table, following this simple plan:
- Back the car out of the garage on Saturday.
- Using a circular saw and chisel, create 3/4-in. deep by 3-1/2 in. wide dadoes about a foot from the ends of a pair of 8-ft. and 4-ft. 2x4s.
- Screw lap-jointed 2x4s together with 1-1/4 in. drywall screws, then set frame on sawhorses.
- Place plywood sheet on frame (clamp or screw to frame if desired).
- Grab your project and saw, drill, join, glue, sand and nish away.
- On Sunday night, remove the screws, then knock apart and store the frame, sawhorses and plywood along the garage wall.
P.S. If during weekday evenings, family members want to use this for a mini Ping-Pong table, say: Thats cool!