Stuff We Love: Car Detailing
Get your car detailing dialed in with these two exceptional tools, along with a proven polish and wax.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
DeWalt 20V MAX XR 7-In. Polisher
If youre a stickler about keeping your car in showroom condition youll want this high performance DeWalt polisher. Combined with the right polishing compound, you can take care of any scratches or imperfections in short order. Its best features include:
- Brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime;
- Its cordless, giving freedom to roam and making off-site jobs easier;
- Sideways battery pack for better ergonomics;
- Can be held via a large bail or side handle;
- Variable speed on the trigger and dial.
DeWalt designed this polisher with the pro auto-body finisher in mind. Its price reflects that, but for a serious car enthusiast its a worthwhile investment. Everyone who uses this DeWalt raves about its efficiency with all types of applications. Its multi increment speed dial will give you the exact speed you need for the multiple polish stages necessary for a great mirror finish.
Ryobi 18V 10 In. Buffer
- Full-size 10 in. buffing applicator, with two bonnets;
- Up to 1-1/2 hours of run time with a 5.0 AH battery;
- Cordless convenience to operate buffer in remote locations;
- Random orbital action delivers a swirl-free finish.
The large crescent shaped handle with its super comfortable grip makes it easy to control this big swirling beast. Ryobis proven 18-volt battery platform provides plenty of power for this buffer and any of their other great cordless tools. If you want your car looking buff, youll want this tool!
Meguiars Polish and Wax
Meguiars has been making car care products since the first Model T rolled off Fords assembly line. They are the go-to polish and wax for most car dealers and pro detailers. The Mirror Glaze 2.0 safely removes fine scratches and swirls while the Ultimate Liquid Wax offers maximum protection for your polished vehicle. Both can be applied by hand but work just as well with a polishing or buffing machine. If you want to give your chariot a gleam to make the gods jealous, get these or any other Meguiars products to detail your car to perfection.