How to Clean Oven Door Glass
Go where oven cleaner can't reach
A few hours
Less than $20
IntroductionCleaning between the glass panels of an oven door looks impossible, but all you really need to do is dissassemble the door. It's simple. Really.
- 4-in-1 screwdriver
- Glass cleaner
- Nylon scrub pad
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
Project step-by-step (4)
Remove the Oven Door Panel
- Consult the manual for how to unlock the hinges and lift the door off your oven model.
- Remove the screws that secure the front panel to the oven door frame.
- Note their location and store them in a cup.
- Then carefully lift off the panel and set it aside.
Remove the Oven Door Glass
- Remove the screws from the glass hold-downs and set them aside.
- Note the location of the retaining tabs above and below the glass.
- Then lift off the glass and clean it.
- Handle the glass with care. It's fragile and expensive to replace.
Clean the Glass
- Clean off the crud with a nylon scrub pad, hot water and degreaser.
- Rinse and dry, then clean with glass cleaner.
Reassemble the Oven Door
- Wear gloves to prevent fingerprints as you place the glass back onto the oven door.
- Be sure the glass sits inside the locating tabs before you reassemble the hold-downs.
- Then install the hold-down channels and screws and the trim panel.
- Put the door on the oven.